September 2022 Update
What have we been up to in 2022?
Grants and prize winnings
- Won the Alumni Innovation Award - £15k
- Awarded first place/ "best overall startup" at the Acceler8 demo day - £3.5k
- University Dragon's Den Winners - £2.5k
- IP for Growth Grant - £2.4k
- Santander Universities Entrepreneurship Grant - £2k
Product/ business milestones
- Completed our working prototype
- Currently gathering training data to transform prototype into a robust and accurate "core model"
- Filed second patent for our product
- Built successful integrations with Apple Watch, Samsung Galaxy and Fossil
- E-J began working full-time in July 2022, which is funded by the Alumni Innovation Award (Maks will work full time once we close our current seed round)
- Successfully trademarked the name "Epowar"
The next 6 months ...
We plan to launch early next year, so over the next 6 months we will be:
- Fundraising (£300k seed round for 12 months of runway) - please email E-J at email@example.com for more information
- Finalising our “core model” (our AI-driven system that can detect physical distress), which will be ready for public release early next year
- Developing the response features for our app